Cripple Creek & Victor Celebrate Arts Month
Fun for the Whole Family
In celebration of Arts Month 2020, the neighboring cities of Cripple Creek and Victor will be hosting a variety of special activities and events throughout the month of October:
- The Cripple Creek Heritage Center will have a craft table set up daily. Just ask at the front desk for the craft you want to create, and we will give you a baggie of supplies to complete one project that you can keep! All supplies are bagged up for COVID safety. Open 7 days a week from 9:00 am until 5:00 pm. Located at 9283 S. Highway 67, Cripple Creek.
- The Isis Theater in Victor will have easel painting, puppet making, tours of the theater, putt-putt golf (FREE, BUT DONATIONS APPRECIATED). One puppet show each day at 1:00 pm. Stop by and be greeted by Hannah the talking bird! Open Saturdays and Sundays from 10:00 am until 5:00 pm. Located at 109 S. 3rd Street, Victor.
- The Victor Artist Co-Op will be hosting artist Rita Cirillo (oil painting) for plein air painting on this Saturday, October 3, 2020. Open Saturdays and Sundays from 10:00 am until 5:00 pm. Located at 100 S. 2nd Street, Victor.
The Cripple Creek District Museum and the Outlaws and Lawmen Jail Museum in Cripple Creek will host chalk art on their sidewalks. The Victor Lowell Thomas Museum, the Victor Artist Co-Op and the Isis Theater in Victor will host chalk on their sidewalks and Pinnacle Plaza steps. Pick up chalk at these participating sites (along with rules) and show your creative side! Weekends 10:00 am until 5:00 pm. The Cripple Creek District Museum is located 510 Bennett Avenue, Cripple Creek.
NOTE: The City of Victor welcomes chalk artists to work on their creations anytime during the week, however, chalk will only be available for pick up on the weekends at designated locations. Please pay attention to remain in areas designated for chalk art only.
Art Scavenger Hunt
The Cripple Creek Heritage Center, the Cripple Creek District Museum and the Victor Lowell Thomas Museum will be the pick-up and drop-off points for a scavenger hunt spanning both cities and multiple mediums of art; iron works, murals, architecture, performing arts and bronzes. Find and document 8 out of the 12 clues and win a prize! ONLY ONE PRIZE PER FAMILY, PLEASE.
- Cripple Creek Heritage Center: 9283 S. Highway 67, Cripple Creek
- Cripple Creek District Museum: 510 Bennett Avenue, Cripple Creek
- Victor Lowell Thomas Museum: 298 Victor Avenue, Victor