Arts Month Proclamations
Each year during the month of September, the Cultural Office’s executive director, Andy Vick, typically “hits the road” to advocate in support of the region’s arts & cultural community. The primary goal of these travels is to obtain formal Arts Month proclamations from our two county jurisdictions, the City of Colorado Springs, a number of regional municipalities, and several area school districts.
Due to the ongoing pandemic, Andy has pre-recorded his Arts Month 2021 proclamation presentation. The video was produced by Twelve Legs Marketing, and is available for viewing in the adjacent frame.
Andy’s 5-minute video message will be played for those in attendance at each meeting, right before the Arts Month proclamation is read aloud and formally approved. Requesting these annual Arts Month proclamations (whether by video or in-person) is part of the Cultural Office’s ongoing effort to cultivate strong working relationships with our elected leaders and school board officials, to highlight the economic impact of our creative sector, and to raise awareness specifically for the Arts Month campaign that will be taking place across the Pikes Peak region this October.
2021 Proclamation Schedule
Arts Month proclamation presentations are typically conducted during scheduled, public meetings; usually towards the beginning of the agenda. Local artists, arts supporters, and interested community members are encouraged to attend any of these brief proclamation readings to lend their support for arts & culture in our region. If you do choose to attend a meeting in-person, the Cultural Office encourages you to follow all public health guidelines to help mitigate the spread of the COVID virus. Please contact each meeting host directly for any additional details, protocols, or requirements.
- City of Fountain: Tuesday, September 14, 5:30PM
- Fountain-Fort Carson School District 8:
Wednesday, September 15, 6PM
- Academy School District 20:
Thursday, September 16, 6:00PM
- Manitou Springs School District 14:
Monday, September 20, 6:00PM
- City of Manitou Springs: Tuesday, September 21, 6:00PM
- Colorado Springs School District 11:
Wednesday, September 22, 5:30PM
- Teller County: Thursday, September 23, 9:55AM
- El Paso County: Tuesday, September 28, 9:00AM
- City of Colorado Springs: Tuesday, September 28, 10:00AM
- Town of Monument: Monday, October 4, 6:30PM
- City of Cripple Creek: Wednesday, October 6, 5:30PM
- City of Woodland Park: Thursday, October 7, 7:00PM
- City of Victor: Thursday, October 21, 6:00PM