Arts Month Proclamations
Each year during the month of September, the Cultural Office’s executive director, Andy Vick, typically “hits the road” to advocate in support of our regional arts community, and to obtain formal Arts Month Proclamations from our two county jurisdictions, municipalities throughout El Paso and Teller Counties, and several area school districts.
This year, because of COVID-19, in-person presentations to our elected officials are not always possible. Instead, with the help of Twelve Legs Marketing, the Cultural Office has created a digital Arts Month Proclamation presentation. The video, which you can also watch from this web page, is part of the Cultural Office’s ongoing effort to cultivate strong working relationships with our elected leaders and school board officials, highlight the economic impact of our creative sector, and raise awareness specifically for the Arts Month 2020 initiative that will be taking place across the Pikes Peak region this October.
If you live in a local community or school district that is not already on the schedule for an Arts Month 2020 Proclamation, please let us know at info@CulturalOffice.org.
2020 Proclamation Schedule:
These virtual Arts Month presentations are conducted during public meetings (usually towards the beginning of the meeting), and are open to everyone. Local artists, arts supporters, and interested community members are encouraged to follow current public health guidelines and, if possible, attend the meetings to lend their support! Below is the current schedule of Arts Month 2020 proclamations:
- Manitou Springs School District 14:
Monday, September 14, 6:00PM
- City of Manitou Springs: Tuesday, September 15, 6:00PM
- City of Cripple Creek: Wednesday, September 16, 5:30PM
- Fountain-Fort Carson School District 8:
Wednesday, September 16, 6:00PM
- City of Woodland Park: Thursday, September 17, 7:00PM
- Town of Monument: Monday, September 21, 6:30PM
- City of Colorado Springs: Tuesday, September 22, 10:00AM
- City of Fountain: Tuesday, September 22, 6:00PM
- Colorado Springs School District 11:
Wednesday, September 23, 6:30PM
- Teller County: Thursday, September 24, 9:30AM
- City of Victor: Thursday, September 24, 6:00PM
- El Paso County: Tuesday, September 29, 9:00AM